Senior Design Leader | UX Design, Research & Strategy
I'm a relentlessly curious and results-oriented Design Leader with over a decade of expertise in
shaping remarkable user experiences that fuel brand engagement and revenue growth. With a proven
record of translating business goals into strategic user experience solutions, I bring a blend of
creativity, data-driven decision-making, a bias for action, and team leadership. My journey is marked
by driving omnichannel excellence, championing design thinking, and fostering team growth.
Notable achievements include:
- Leading a high-performing cross-functional UX team at Employbridge that crafted a groundbreaking digital talent experience, slashing application and onboarding times by 50% and 25%, respectively.
- Overseeing strategic optimizations to the B2B digital experience at Ferguson, resulting in a 14% reduction in checkout time, boosting conversions by 4%.
- Spearheading the design of a new app at Ferguson, garnering 1.8K downloads and generating ~$3M in sales during a pilot.
- Aligned team of 13 designers at Market America to their strengths and career goals, resulting in increased throughput and quality of product and marketing designs for 40 global B2C and B2B brands.
- Amplified mobile booking conversions by 150% by delivering the first mobile-optimized sites for four casino properties at American Casino & Entertainment Properties.
I dedicate most of my free time to my two wonderful girls, who continue to challenge and delight. I
contribute to the growth of the design community as a mentor with ADPList and a board member at UXPA
Norfolk. When I unwind, I listen to my favorite podcasts Pivot, The Prof G Podcast, and Finding Our
I'm energized by opportunities that let me continue to shape exceptional user experiences, foster curiosity, and embrace new challenges. If you want to collaborate, innovate, or connect, don't hesitate to contact me at 👉 firstname.lastname@example.org. Let's explore bold ways to enrich human experiences together.
July 2023 – Present
- Directing the overhaul of workflows within their practice with a strong focus on the product, UX, and engineering relationship – the expected impact is increased collaboration and alignment across teams, resulting in an increased volume of quality output from the teams.
- Implementing a global design system and child project-specific design systems to establish a flexible design system modal for their business – the expected impact is a 50% minimum reduction in time to design and build UIs compared to past projects.
Senior Manager - UX
August 2021 – June 2023
- Launched a digital talent experience with a simplified user journey, slashing apply and interview scheduling times by 50% and onboarding time by 25%.
- Orchestrated the launch of 7 strategic brand sites on WordPress in 4 months, reducing time to delivery by 30% - as a result, SEO initiated their critical acquisition strategies three months earlier.
- Directed the design of 8+ essential enhancements to the candidate journey for seven mobile apps – this included the introduction of job search to resolve a critical pain point in the app experience for candidates.
- Oversaw overhaul of the user experience of the Time Collection Engine based on comprehensive discovery and validation research by the UX research and product design teams - the final solution achieved a 95% score in UAT.
- Promoted capabilities of the Product Design and Research teams, acquiring five new projects strategically aligned with enterprise initiatives.
Manager - UX
April 2017 – August 2021
- Directed the transformation of the user experience throughout the checkout process on Ferguson.com, complemented by rigorous user testing of an innovative single-page checkout - cutting checkout time by 14% with a 4% boost in conversions.
- Spearheaded the design of enterprise-critical Ferguson app, going from kickoff to production MVP in 5 months; secured 1.8K+ downloads during a 30-day targeted pilot, generating $3M+ in sales.
- Initiated using modern dev frameworks by visual designers, achieving a 300% increase in output of merchandising assets - team capability was essential for the “Shop by Job” initiative, generating $1.3M+ monthly after launch.
- Co-founded A/B testing governance guild with Merchandising, Product, and Data Science, boosting A/B testing adoption by 300%.
- Oversaw the conception and implementation of the Ferguson design system, eliminating 60% of design bugs and slashing design time by 30% when using existing components.
Associate Director of UX
November 2013 – April 2017
- Galvanized a team of 13 designers, achieving the consistent delivery of 50+ high-quality merchandising assets per week and multiple innovative feature launches for our catalog of B2C and B2C sites every six months.
- Orchestrated the design and launch of the company’s first coordinated holiday digital campaign across 30+ global brands, achieving a 25% increase in sales.
- Directed the digital execution of the TLS brand refresh with an overhaul of the website design and delivery of 50+ marketing and merchandising assets in 3 languages, achieving a successful launch in 3 primary countries.
- Initiated the overhaul of transactional emails using components and variables to automate the creation of 60+ permutations of 30+ transactional email types, eliminating 75% of transactional email backlog tickets for design.
American Casino and Entertainment Properties
July 2010 – October 2013
- Launched the first mobile-friendly site, achieving a 150% increase in mobile booking conversions for three Las Vegas casino properties.
- Executed the digital strategy for $2M ace|PLAY players club rebranding with the critical design and launch of a new mobile app and overhaul of websites, casino floor kiosks, and 30+ critical digital marketing assets.
UI and Graphic Designer
April 2007 – March 2010
- Designed User Interface elements for two software programs. This included complete GUI mock-ups, buttons, and other art and interface assets for new software programs and revisions of existing programs.
- Created a new online help system that delivered a more user-friendly self-help solution for customers. This included reorganizing content based on customer needs.
- Coordinated with the project manager, programming team, and art team on art and design deliverables.